Upcoming Volunteer Events for Spring 2015!
- Campus visit from La Fiesta Elementary – February 20, 2015 10:30AM-11:30AM, SSU Cooperage
- Volunteers to help with engineer activity for the visitors!
- Sonoma County Science Fair – February 27, 2015 at 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, Sonoma State University
- Judges are needed to critique science projects. Panelists for a conversation with the 6-12 graders will take place also; The panel will h ave HS students (past Science Fair winners), college students, and practi cing scientists. The panel will share about their experience and goals and also address questions!
- To register go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1k9q14A2w3YmWJVr890ElgZYjC0jcMWz_l9RcFkh3pnQ/viewfor
- Seawolf Olympics – Feb. 28th, 11 am-4pm
SONOMA STATE SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY SEAWOLF OLYMPICS 2015
You are going to be competing for CASH PRIZES, GETTING that energy to WIN THOSE PRIZES from FREE FOODcatered to you by SSU catering services.
- SIGN UP with firstname.lastname@example.org OR JUST SHOW UP on FEBRUARY 28th
IN FRONT OF WOLVES DEN!
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day – February 28, 2015 at 9:30 am – 2:00 pm, Keysight Technologies
- Calling all Santa Rosans! We still need volunteers for our Intr oduce a Girl to Engineering event! Introduce a Girl to Engineering day is a n event hosted every year by Women’s Leadership and DevelopmenCalling all S anta Rosans! We still need volunteers for our Introduce a Girl to Engineering event!
- Geek Week – March 9th – 13th, Sonoma State University
- Dodgeball Event hosted by SWE & EE Club for Geek Week – Sunday, March 8th
- Tabling with Physics club – Monday, March 9th 12-1PM
- Expanding Your Horizons Conference – April 18, 2015, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Expanding Your Horizons is an event to increase the awareness of young women and their parents of the importance of adequate preparation i n math and science. It is designed to introduce them to the world of math, engineering, and science and other fields where high school math and science are required. Check out http://www.eyh-soco.org for more info/details!
- Sonoma County Science Olympiad – Saturday, April 18, 8:00am-1:30pm, Lawrence Jones Middle School (by SSU)
- This is for 4-6 graders. Judges and volunteers are needed to assist students in tasks/events. Go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kPkkeAT45bMyyDr0y8aTDjN_hTvssCD6gYMfy2nIrR4/viewform to sign up.
More events to come as semester goes on…